Are you or your team interested in BlackBerry development? I will start teaching a BlackBerry development class in June 2010 and I want to share some preliminary details with you.
What This Class Is About
This will not be your typical class, plagued with slides, with few and short exercises. This class will consist of a number of hands-on labs where you will build an entire real-world BlackBerry application from scratch.
Along the way, you will learn the main concepts, principles and practices that apply to BlackBerry development.
When you finish this class, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is a BlackBerry application? What are my options if I want to develop BlackBerry applications?
- How do I create the look of my application? What is the best way to use the available UI elements to create a great experience for my users?
- How can my application save information on the BlackBerry Smartphone?
- How can it connect to internet services, for example, Twitter? What if it needs to talk to my enterprise applications behind a firewall?
- Can my application interact with other applications and the hardware in the Smartphone? How do I write applications that take advantage of the camera, GPS and phone on the device?
- How do I debug my application?
- What are the best practices for creating a great BlackBerry application? What are the gotchas?
- How do I make it easy for people to install my application?
Who Is This Class For?
This class is for any software craftsperson with an interest in building BlackBerry applications.
If you run a software development team and are interested in the BlackBerry platform, this class will definitely help your team.
I will be posting updates with more details about this class in the near future.
If you are curious about this class or have any suggestions, I’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch.