Thanks to Tonex, I will be teaching another mobile software development class in December. The course will focus on Android and iPhone/iPad development training.
These are the areas our Android hands-on lessons will cover:
- Android features and building blocks
- Development choices for the Android platform – Types of applications, development environments and debugging tools
- The anatomy of a native Android application
- Android application user interface – Views, layouts, widgets, menus, dialogs, and data binding
- Data persistency options in the Android platform
- Establishing connections – Internet, web applications and other devices
- Utilizing the hardware features – Camera, GPS, etc.
- Interacting with other applications on the device
- Testing Android applications using the testing and instrumentation tools
- Android development best practices
Interesting, right? I will post the iPhone/iPad topics in a few days. Stay tuned!